Sunday, March 3, 2013

 Looking forward to sketching at Victor Allen's coffee shop on Monroe St. today.  Yesterday I painted the barn painting with gouache on a country road south of Paoli.  I painted it on rough 300 lb watercolor paper. It was nice and warm in the front seat of my car.  The page from my sketchbook below was also painted in the car while I was parked at a boat landing south of Sauk City the previous Saturday.  Saw Bald Eagles and various ducks on the river in Sauk City and Prairie du Sac.  Also stopped by the River Arts on Water Gallery in downtown Prairie du Sac and saw beautiful paintings by local artists such as Cynde Quinn and Linda Koenig.  It's a lovely gallery and well worth the drive to Sauk-Prairie.  A great place to see what our local artists are doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment