Monday, March 18, 2013

Sunday at the Zoo March 17th

  I think at least 8 sketchers met up last Sunday March 17th.  We hope Ann will come back and join us for some sketching in the future. Our venue was the Discovery Building and Herpetarium at Vilas Zoo.  On display were various animal skulls ranging in size from a mouse to a whale.  Larry chose the human skull for his sketch and did a masterly job.  I really love the way Larry's lines have so much energy in them. He was cheering on the Badgers but unfortunately to no avail!
  As it was St. Patrick's day I wanted to draw at least one green creature and the iguana posed perfectly for me only occasionally moving his head.  I thought the desert turtle would make a cooperative model but he was pretty active dashing about his habitat.  The Common Leopard Gecko kept still very nicely for long enough to get most of the sketch done, then he got up walked around a bit and came back and got in the exact same position; just like a model taking a break.  A really beautiful little creature.  I was drawing in a Strathmore grey toned sketchbook with a Pentel Brush Pen and White Gelly Roll pen.  I added some color with watersoluble crayons.
.






No comments:

Post a Comment