Sunday, August 21, 2016

Minnesota State Fair Sketchout 8/27 & 29 and New Online Journal class.

The Minnesota State Fair is coming up next week and here is the link re: the State Fair Sketchout.   http://rozwoundup.typepad.com/roz_wound_up/2016/07/join-us-for-the-eighth-great-minnesota-state-fair-sketchout.html  I don't think I will be able to get up there this year but it would be a great time sketching with the illustrious Roz Stendahl and friends.  I signed up for her new class, By Design: Creating the Intentional Page today hoping to make my sketchbook entries more creative. I found Roz's class on Sketchbook Skool very well done as were her Strathmore Paper Co. online workshop.  Here's the link to her blog post about the class:  http://rozwoundup.typepad.com/roz_wound_up/2016/08/my-new-online-class-by-designwhy-i-love-it-and-why-i-think-youll-love-it-too-1.html  I  am sure this online class will be packed with ideas and instruction to make page designs more interesting which I am hoping will help when I am out there sketching in Madison and when traveling.  If you have never checked out Roz's blog it is a great place to learn about sketching your environment from life and the materials to use for sketching.  Roz often has in depth reviews on sketchbooks, pens, paints, markers and the like which are very helpful and keep me up to date on new art "toys".  I have learned a lot from reading her blog over the years.  She is also an expert sketchbook binder which got me interested in getting some tutoring in how to do that from Jackie Hefty at Whispering Woodlands www.whispering-woodlands.com  Making your own sketchbooks is very rewarding but I admit I am lazy and usually buy them ready made.  But thanks to blogs like Roz's I know more about what to look for in a sketchbook.  Do let me know if any of you get up to the State Fair Sketchout.  I am sure it would be a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment