Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Saturday January 21st at the Geology Museum and Women's March

Chris

Salvor

Gretchen
We had a good time sketching various rocks, bones and other visitors at the UW Geology Museum.  It was well attended but not crowded.   We went to the Women's March after along with 75,000 to 100,000 other people!   I heard a policeman laughing and telling someone they had only expected around 10,000 marchers.  My sketches below were done from my photos after the fact as I felt a bit overwhelmed to sketch on the spot.  I have been enrolled this month in Veronica Lawlor's "A Drawing a Day" online class at Sketchbook Skool and the past week focused on working with colored crayons.  One assignment was to make our own coloring book page with black ink lines so that is what I did for these sketches.  I enjoyed the class and it helped me get the new year off to a regular drawing start.

No comments:

Post a Comment