Monday, April 24, 2017

Hello everyone.  I just joined Urban Sketchers Madison and want to share a few of my first sketches.  The market across the street:
 I wonder if "Cops at Copps" is related to this news:
"MADISON, Wis. - A baggie of crack cocaine was found near a checkout at a Madison grocery store over the weekend, police said.

An employee at the Copps grocery store at 1312 S. Park St. found the bag Saturday afternoon, according to a release.


Police said the owner was seen coming back several times on Saturday looking around the floor inside the grocery store, but he gave up his search before police arrived."

Sketching got me "out and about" and I appreciated being more a part of Madison 'street life' ;-)

From the news I sketched:
"Super-Mighty Preemptive Strike" (which I hope to never experience).  And the possible respondent, enacting 'road rage' at a trucker rally:
I went to the movies to watch the Dr. Who season 10 premier and then sketched this from the trailer:
And from the Urban Sketchers Madison outing to the Veterans Museum on Earth Day this sketch of Helen Bulovsky,
a WW1 nurse written about in Finding Helen:
As you can tell I'm working on getting faces 'right', and I'm looking forward to meeting more of you in the future - warning: names are harder !  ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome, James!!Love the Cops at Copps sketch. That is what they call reportage. We hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inadvertant, yes! And today it is no more - now "Pick'n Save" ... so historical record too !! (wry smile)

      Delete
  2. Look forward to meeting you James, you should record the Tokay Blvd Copps, seeing as it's going away....Keep sketching!

    ReplyDelete