Sunday, May 14, 2017

Door County Watercolor Collage

Last week I was in Door County enjoying gorgeous blue skies and excellent bird watching.  I am currently doing a Sketchbook Skool class and the assignment that week was to do a sort of collage type sketch of a place you love so the choice was easy as DC is my favorite place.  I started out at Base Camp Coffee Bar in Sister Bay with my latte and scone and the owner and staff were very kind and interested and I explained that I would document my day in the sketchbook.  I told them I would stop by in a day or two so they could see the finished sketch and they took a photo of it and posted it to the coffee bar's Facebook Page.  It gave me an opportunity to tell someone about Urban Sketchers, too.  I thought this was great example of the kind of interesting connection that can happen between strangers when you are sketching something you both have in common.
Michaela (Barista) and Joel (Owner)

Ink & watercolor in Stillman & Birn 8 x 10 Softcover Beta sketchbook

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sketch! I really like the idea of the collage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice. Makes me want to go to Door County today.

    ReplyDelete