Sunday, October 15, 2017

Back at Olbrich Gardens

USK Madison met today, Sunday, at Olbrich Gardens and none too soon; several of us remarked on the much needed sense of peace and calm the garden gave us, both inside and out. What a wonderful day.



We had 10 people turn out, including new member Sally (gosh I hope I have that name right Sally) regardless, she had a good time and said she would be back. A few brave souls (Louise among them of course) braved the cold, most of us stayed inside with the canaries and orchids and soaked up the warmth.

Jean sketching the indoor tropics


Cindy shows a very cool bag she bought....I forgot the name - "Darcy", perhaps?


The Crew show off their sketches


My watercolor, Stillman & Birns, micron pen and paint

A great way to spend the day...see you in November for World Wide Sketchcrawl day!

1 comment:

  1. It's the Darcy Beck sketch bag, available only from his own website --- in several colors. It was my first time out with the bag & so far I am very happy with it! It makes it's own table and the pen pocket velcro to the strap, for super-handy implements.

    ReplyDelete